Wishing each of you the best of health, prosperity and good racing this coming year.
1. The 2011 Schedule is now complete with the confirmation of our race with IRL at Infineon 26-28 August. Track CEO Steve Page, an active and vocal supporter of HGP for the past decade, is very keen to have us return. With the re-invigoration of the IRL led by CEO Randy Bernard, we firmly believe this is the place we must be to deliver a full grid and another in a long line of our colorful, entertaining races. Being in the right place at the right time has always been a sound philosophy for capitalizing on future opportunities, particularly at the top level of any business.
As you have read elsewhere, the Rolex Monterey Motorsports Reunion has listed a 1966-1983 F1 category in their program this season. As you have undoubtedly noted from our schedule, this is not an HGP event. If you only have one race weekend available in August, we encourage you to support your organization and the future opportunities with the new IRL by entering at Infineon. If you can do two events, then make them Monterey and Infineon. The Monterey honored marque this year is Jaguar and while they have terrific history, none of it is in Formula 1. Enough said.
The complete 2011 schedule is shown in the new full color ad in the attached file .
2. Annual Dues for HGP remain at $1200. The Annual Dues for HMP (Bobby Rahal, Legends of Motorsports) also remain as previous at $350. HGP will participate in two Legends events at Barber Motorsports and Le Circuit, Mont-Tremblant and as such we will each need to be members of both organizations. By sending your check for $1500 to HGP, you will receive a $50 discount for the combined membership dues. You will need to complete the simple membership applications for both HGP and HMP.
We respectfully request annual dues be paid by 15 February.**
3. Event Entry Procedures
• For the HMP Legends Barber and Mont-Tremblant events, please enter through the HMP website www.legendsofmotorsports.com.
• For GP du Canada, the Entry form is on the HGP website. Entry fee is $2,500, the same as in 2010. Details on purchase of seats in the Podium Hospitality Suite will be forthcoming shortly.**
Entries are available on a first come, first serve basis.
• For the KIC, Road America, please enter through the RA KIC website www.roadamerica.com Through our agreement with RA, the RA entry fee will automatically include Test Day, 4 crew credentials (2 more than std) as well as the Paddock Tent, nitrogen and etc.
An HGP Medical Form must be completed and submitted to HGP with your first entry.
Hotel information will be forthcoming within the next two weeks.
• For the GP du Canada, a valid FIA HISTORIC HC1 or full grade C Driver’s License is required, issued by ACCUS. This can be obtained through SCCA or Grand Am. Canadian residents require an H1 license issued by ASN Canada. An FiA Entrant’s License will not be required.
• For all other events, a valid vintage racing license will suffice.
** Payment should be sent to: Rebecca Evans, HGP, Inc., 4 Finch Road, North Salem, NY 10560
There you have it. We launch our season at the exquisite facility that George Barber designed, built and personally welcomes everyone to with his gracious Southern charm, complemented by Bobby + company’s Legends hospitality. If you have not visited the Barber Museum, that alone is worth the trip. Last year the circuit proved to be a revelation for everyone in the HGP group. Fast, safe and challenging.
Not surprisingly, our return as the featured support race at the Grand Prix du Canada has been enthusiastically received. Following the Barber event by a few short weeks means this is a ‘two-fer’ for West Coast based entrants.
The Legends Mont-Tremblant followed by Road America the next weekend is another ‘two-fer’ at a pair of the most evocative and challenging circuits in North America. The charm of the Laurentian Mountains followed by brats, beer and The Kink.
These will be followed by a long break to spend with your family until we see you in Sonoma the last weekend in August to be the colorful and entertaining race at the IZOD IRL weekend.
Please advise with any question to: Rebecca@historicgrandprix.com
Thank you for your continued support and active participation.